[c-nsp] route-map continue

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Thu Aug 14 15:09:20 EDT 2008

Christian Koch wrote:
> i was thinking the problem was 'outbound' maps, but then when double
> checking i saw this
>
> Restrictions for BGP Route-Map Continue
>
> •Continue clauses are supported in outbound route maps only in Cisco
> IOS Release 12.0(31)S and subsequent releases.
>
> http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_0s/feature/guide/cs_brmcs.html

Don't (totally) believe the feature guides.  12.0(32)S is the minimum
safe release, due to the following bug that bit me hard:

CSCsc36517

Symptoms: A router reloads unexpectedly when a continue statement is
used in an outbound route map.

Conditions: This symptom is observed on a Cisco router that is
configured for BGP.

Workaround: There is no workaround.

On 7507s and 12008s, the outbound continue was 100% dangerous every time
I used it, no matter how simple the route-map.

pt