[c-nsp] ip cef load sharing

Dan Letkeman danletkeman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 15 13:00:46 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have a 2621 router running 12.3(26) and I would like to setup load
sharing to multiple adsl lines.  When I do a traceroute on the router
it randomly picks a dsl line and seems to work fine.  But when I do
traceroute tests from a workstation it always seems to take the same
adsl line.  Is there something else I need to add to the configuration
to make it pick random lines, or is there a timeout of some sorts
before it will select the next ip route

Here is my config:

!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address 10.1.10.1 255.255.255.0
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
 ip address 192.168.10.1 255.255.255.0
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
ip http server
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.10.10
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 192.168.10.11
!

The two adsl modem/routers I have are 192.168.10.10, and 192.168.10.11

Thanks,
Dan.