[c-nsp] OT: network inventory

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 09:56:42 EDT 2008

So far all of the software that's been presented will autodiscover devices
and backup configs and such.  Is there anything around that will actually
take inventory of a router.  By inventory I mean, list of cards, model
numbers, serial numbers, pluggable optics, etc.  I've been working on
scripts to do this and it's become alot more complicated than I had
originally planned.  If there's already some software out there that does
this, I'd love to get my hands on it.

--chip

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary, batteries not included, etc....