[c-nsp] VLAN ID limit?

Chris Phillips cphillips at wbsconnect.com
Wed Aug 20 01:09:18 EDT 2008

The last time I checked 12.0(WC17) or something like that, it was not
possible.  WC17 came out in mid-2007 if I recall correctly.

I don't think that Cisco is going to support anything > 1005 on the XL
series switches ever.  Their goal is to keep you buying new gear, and if
they just keep adding features to the odd stuff, who needs new gear.

Anyway, there's several other improvements that the 2950Gs have over the
XLs, that make it much more appealing.  Here's a few:

they run 12.1 instead of 12.0
ssh support
"do" support
don't have to use the "vlan database" to create VLANs
etc...

Like I said before, they're dirt cheap and very much worth the slight
price increase.