[c-nsp] OT: network inventory

Lamar Owen lowen at pari.edu
Wed Aug 20 09:04:23 EDT 2008

On Tuesday 19 August 2008 17:04:50 Nitzan Tzelniker wrote:
> You can also use CISCO-ENTITY-ASSET-MIB and get the output of show
> inventory via SNMP for example

> The problem is that cisco didn't implement this on all platforms (GSR ) and
> on some (6500) it looks like they have a bug that dont return all the
> information.

How I found the raw option to show inventory was because on our 7401ASR's a
straight show inventory doesn't get the PA in the slot; but show inventory
raw does.

What's odd is that our 12012 here does support the exec mode sh inv raw
command just fine; haven't tried the SNMP version.  Don't have a 6500 to try
with.  Of course, CatOS has show module; but the RSM doesn't have show
inventory.
--
Lamar Owen
Chief Information Officer