[c-nsp] smoke and condensation damage to routers

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Wed Aug 20 20:53:57 EDT 2008

It seems to me that most of the questions you are asking can only be
resolved by empirical means, as most of the marginal effects you are
describing beyond the immediately affected area are likely to be
manifested on a microscopic level, or in some other province of the
physical that affects the function of integrated circuits but is not
readily discernable to the naked eye.

There does not exist a feat, method, or technique of analytical, or "a
priori" physics that can give you a reliable answer one way or another.

 From personal observation in similar situations, I would say that the
ASA5580-40s are almost certainly just fine.