[c-nsp] Surge protection on leased lines

Brian Turnbow b.turnbow at twt.it
Mon Aug 25 06:45:37 EDT 2008

Hello,

We have several customers that our having problems every time a storm
goes through.
Our national telco company seems to offer no lightning protection on
their lines, and every storm causes a line outage and burns up the
attached wic.
We've made sure the chassis are grounded , but would also like to try
and install a surge protection detween the v.35 interface of the telco
and our CPEs.
I see that Cisco offers a surge protection cable for smart serial
interfaces, but not for classic serial interfaces.
I wanted ask what others would recommend / experiences regarding surge
protection on leased lines.

Thanks in advance

Brian