[c-nsp] NAT/ACL options in a PIX

Ziv Leyes zivl at gilat.net
Wed Aug 27 04:07:19 EDT 2008

If I understand you correctly, what you're trying to achieve is a kind of load balance, you want the pix to listen to the outside public address on a certain port, such as 8080, and to forward a request to several internal hosts on different "inside" ports
I'll try to make a diagram to see if is this correct.

External IP (8080)   ---------------- Host A (8080)
                          | \
                          |  \
                          |   \
                          |    \
                          |     \
                          |      Host B (8081)
                   Host C (8082)

Is this what you're trying to do?

I'm not aware of any way of doing this on a PIX with ver. 6.3.5
If someone knows a way, I'll be glad to hear about it too.
Ziv