[c-nsp] LLQ + MLPPPoE -> ?

David Freedman david.freedman at uk.clara.net
Wed Aug 27 21:42:02 EDT 2008

>I would say it sounds like one interface is performing differently to the
>other(performance wise) but if it works fine when using the multilink
>interface that doesn't make as much sense, do you notice any drops or errors
>of any sort on the atm int's when you have the dialer configuration up? Also
>check the output of a "sh dsl int atmx" for each one to see if you are
>erroring there or syncing at different speeds or have a low noise margin on
>one etc..

They both perform fine on their own, only together does it cause a problem,
we dont see any drops, just big changes in latency

>Out of curiosity did you set that ip mtu 1492 on your dialer when you were
>testing? As you would've been fragmenting otherwise trying to push 1500 byte
>over a 1500 byte link with pppoe

I believe in the setup we are testing with we have a >1500 mtu either end
so the pppoe overhead shouldn't be an issue, but will double check.

>Can you show me your exact config (minus passwords) that you are using when
>you are testing this including the output of a "sh dsl int atmx" for each
>int.

The config we are using is in the original post
(https://puck.nether.net/pipermail/cisco-nsp/2008-August/053632.html)

There are no DSL errors recorded on the controllers, nor is there
anything remarkable in the sh int output:

#show int a0/0/0 | in rror|drop|throt|clear
  Last clearing of "show interface" counters 1d12h
  Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort

#show int a0/1/0 | in rror|drop|throt|clear
  Last clearing of "show interface" counters 1d12h
  Input queue: 1/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort

>Another thought might be worth trying the new 12.4.20T IOS given it's QoS
>overhaul with HQF and the improved latency results shown by someone in an
>earlier thread.

This I will try, just out of interest, do you have such a setup in production?
if so , what version are you using on the CPE?

Dave.