[c-nsp] 6513s and 6700 series blades

Eric Cables ecables at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 19:54:48 EDT 2008

I am in a situation where we have 4x 6513s and an assortment of
6700/6500 series blades.  I know that the 6513 has limitations on
which modules have dual channel fabric connections (9-13), but I am
not 100% sure how the 6700 series blades will act in the other slots.

I have been told by our Cisco SE that the 6748 blade will not function
in blades 1-8, but I wanted to confirm whether that was true.  The
reason I suspect that it will is because we have some 6724 modules in
slot #1 that are operating at 1x20Gbps.

Mod  Sub-Module                  Model              Serial       Hw     Status
---- --------------------------- ------------------ ----------- ------- -------
  1  Centralized Forwarding Card WS-F6700-CFC       [removed] 2.0    Ok

SDHQ-CS-02-01#show fabric utilization
 slot    channel      speed    Ingress %     Egress %
    1          0        20G            0            0

System Resources
  PFC operating mode: PFC3BXL
  Supervisor redundancy mode: administratively sso, operationally sso
  Switching resources: Module   Part number               Series      CEF mode
                       1        WS-X6724-SFP              CEF720           CEF

My question is this: Will a 6748 act the same way, with a single
1x20Gbps connection to the fabric, or will it not work at all?

Thanks,

--
Eric Cables