[c-nsp] New IPv6 BGP peer on a pure IPv4 network

Will Hargrave will at harg.net
Tue Dec 2 09:07:03 EST 2008

Ziv Leyes wrote:

> I know this has probably been asked a thousand times. I'm not asking for
> answers, only for directions on where to start from.

Hi Ziv,

At NANOG44 I saw Philip Smith / Ron Bonica's excellent tutorial on ipv6 routing:

http://www.nanog.org/meetings/nanog44/abstracts.php?pt=ODgxJm5hbm9nNDQ=&nm=nanog44

I suggest you check presentation archives for NANOG, RIPE, APRICOT meetings for
tutorials and presentations which will help you. There may also be a local
network operators forum in your country with resources.

Whether you can do this by yourself... I don't know. But if you're going to
have to operate the network what better way to learn how than by deploying it
yourselves first! :-)

Regards

Will