[c-nsp] %AMDP2_FE-3-UNDERFLO: FastEthernet1/0 transmit error

Tony td_miles at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 2 23:04:42 EST 2008

First hit on google search:

http://supportwiki.cisco.com/ViewWiki/index.php/A_Catalyst_switch_causes_the_AMDP2_FE-3-UNDERFLO_error_on_a_connected_device

========
A Catalyst switch causes the %AMDP2_FE-3-UNDERFLO error on a connected device

While a frame is being transmitted, the local buffer of the controller chip local buffer receives insufficient data. The data could not be transferred to the chip fast enough to keep pace with output rate. Normally, such a condition is temporary, depending on transient peak loads within the system.

The issue occurs when an excessive amount oftraffic is processed by the FastEthernet interface. The error message is received When traffic level reaches about 2.5 Mb. This traffic level constrain is due to hardware limitation.. Because of this there is a chance for the device connected to the catalyst switch to drop packets.
========

regards,
Tony.