[c-nsp] security

Chris Gauthier chris at k7sle.com
Wed Dec 3 09:54:35 EST 2008

1.  Thanks for the awesome explanations.  I've been dealing with these
terms for a while, but had not really grasped them too hard until now.
(To be honest, I had not looked them up in a while either.)

2.  When would a directed broadcast be useful?  Not only for WOL, but
for some disk imaging software (e.g. Symantec Ghost), directed
broadcasts is a way of pushing an image to multiple clients
simultaneously.  Ghost specifically offers the choice of multicast,
directed broadcast, and unicast delpoyment via radio buttons on the
options page before a "ghostcasting" session is started.

Chris G.