[c-nsp] 6500 TCAM overflows; certain hosts unreachable?

Nate Carlson cisco-nsp at natecarlson.com
Wed Dec 3 13:25:13 EST 2008

On Wed, 3 Dec 2008, John van Oppen wrote:
> Do you have a reason you can't do a partial BGP feed with a default
> route between the 7200s and the 6500s to lower the table size?

We're debating that.. I'm not the guy who designed this, but that's the
long-term goal.  ;)

Right now, we're filtering /24's to get by temporarily (with default
routes to cover), which after doing a 'clear ip route' on the Cat's, gave
us:

Dec  3 11:49:02: %MLSCEF-SP-7-END_FIB_EXCEPTION: FIB TCAM exception cleared, all CEF entries will be hardware switched

..and the problem cleared up.

We'll be looking at re-architecting some of this shortly, but this should
get us by for now.

Thanks for the replies!

-Nate