[c-nsp] Combining multiple vlans into a single vlan.

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Dec 15 18:03:46 EST 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-15 at 09:52 -0800, Teller, Robert wrote:
> Could you also use private vlans?

I cannot see how it could work, though private VLAN technology isn't my
strongest side, to put it mildly.

The thing I can't see how to achieve would be receiving two different
VLANs on the same physical port using PVLANs. If you had two different
physical ports the job would of course be simple without PVLANs or any
tricks.

I still fail to see why one would do this though. Knowing the ultimate
goal would help finding the right tool for the job. :-)

Regards,
Peter