[c-nsp] SoO causing 1-member update groups

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Thu Dec 18 02:37:11 EST 2008

On (2008-12-16 13:37 -0800), bill fumerola wrote:

Hey Bill,

> why does adding an external community to a route (via a route-map)
> impact the neighbor itself? i realize in later versions of IOS this
> command was added to the per-{neighbor,peer-group,peer-policy} stanzas.

I'm trying to think how else it could work, and I'm drawing blank. Since
when neighbour has been set with SoO, you will have to send different
routes to that neighbour, as you omit sending any routes that already
have that SoO set.
I guess SoO could have been implemented as some filter post update-group,
but that would have introduced more complexity.

--
  ++ytti