[c-nsp] 3550 routing performance

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Fri Dec 19 02:39:20 EST 2008

On 2008-12-19 06:32, Tony wrote:

> If I FTP a file from PC2 to PC1 I get speeds of 97Mbps (near enough
> to wire speed of 100Mbps). Nice. I then change the config so that the
> interfaces are in a VRF, like this: Testing using the FTP transfer
> again I get an average transfer speed of around 14Mbps (not so
> nice).

My wild guess would be to check for extended-match in sdm template:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3550/software/release/12.2_25_seb/configuration/guide/swiprout.html#wp1213867

Change that, reboot the switch and then do again the tests for
interfaces in VRF. As for the other tests with routing over SVIs -
very strange :) as 3550 is routing in hardware.

--
"Don't expect me to cry for all the     |               Łukasz Bromirski
  reasons you had to die" -- Kurt Cobain |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net