[c-nsp] 7602VXR NPE-G1

E. Versaevel erik at infopact.nl
Fri Dec 19 04:27:45 EST 2008

E. Versaevel schreef:
> Daniel Roesen schreef:
>> On Thu, Dec 04, 2008 at 12:41:48PM +0100, E. Versaevel wrote:
>>> I've also been looking into the ASR 1000 series as a replacement/expansion.
>>> However it doesn't seem to support PPPoA, that's one major show stopper for us.
>> That's announced for RLS3, expected in january (or so...).
>>
>> Best regards,
>> Daniel
>>
> Daniel,
>
> Where did you get that information?
> Is there a list of functions/features expected in RLS3 ?
>

> Erik Versaevel

This is what our Cisco contact told me:

PPPoA is on roadmap for mid CY10.
PPPoEoA is targeted for RLS5 (Sep 09).

So totally useless for us :D, who got the bright idea to call this a Aggregation Service Router, i (and most providers over here) can't aggregate
my/our users on it as the majority of DSL providers use either PPPoA or PPPoE(oA).

Erik Versaevel