[c-nsp] HWIC-4T1/E1

Justin Shore justin at justinshore.com
Fri Dec 19 11:26:40 EST 2008

Does anyone have any of the new quad-T1 HWICs (HWIC-4T1/E1) in
production?  I've got some questions for anyone with knowledge of the unit.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/modules/ps5949/product_data_sheet0900aecd80710c77.html

Are they configured like the MFTs (with the controller config separate)
or are they like the WICs (with the service-module config)?

How are the 4 interfaces numbered?  Se0/1/0-4:0?

Are there any special limitations with the HWIC-4T1 that anyone knows
of?  We'll be doing MLPPP on them and some QoS (possibly spanning
multiple HWIC-4T1s in a single chassis).  They look to be decent units.

Besides researching them to make sure that they'll work for us, I'm
writing a template config for them and need to know how they're
configured and numbered.

Thanks
  Justin