[c-nsp] 6509 with ws-x6148 or ws-x6348?

Geoffrey Pendery geoff at pendery.net
Tue Dec 23 09:03:49 EST 2008

Either one should work for your purposes.  Assuming you're talking
WS-X6148-RJ45 and WS-X6348-RJ45, not RJ45V (for PoE) or anything like
that, then as you said the buffers and QoS capabilities are the same.

The uplink ports on the Sups can both be active.  As for how to use
them as uplinks, it depends on the routers you're uplinking to.  If
the routers support Etherchannel/LAGs, you could pair them up and have
a two-gig link to each router, otherwise you can just put four
equal-cost routes in the table and let CEF handle the load-sharing.

-Geoff