[c-nsp] packet filtered message

Kameron Gasso kgasso-lists at visp.net
Tue Dec 30 20:27:03 EST 2008

ann kok wrote:
> I am sure the address I ping is switch address.
> But I don't know why it returns packet filtered
> and no firewall before this switch

Hi,

Sounds like there's an access-list configured on the switch itself which
is filtering you, being the ICMP unreachable came directly from the switch.

You're likely either going to need physical access to the console port
to get in or you'll need to connect from a host not filtered by the
access-list.  Of course, if you don't know how the access-list reads
(and can't get in to find out), you're going to need physical access anyway.

Regards,
--
Kameron Gasso | Senior Systems Administrator | visp.net
Direct: 541-955-6903 | Fax: 541-471-0821