[c-nsp] ONS 15454 Backups

Andree Toonk andree at toonk.nl
Wed Dec 31 15:56:20 EST 2008

Hi,

.-- My secret spy satellite informs me that at 12/30/08 5:20 PM  Tim
Jackson wrote:
> Via TL1:
>
> I've used Net::Telnet to automate this, works well, much better than
> manually backing up 200 454s... There may be a way to do this via
> SNMP, but I'm not sure...

You might want to take a look at the Perl TL1 Toolkit:
https://noc.sara.nl/nrg/TL1-Toolkit/index.html

It's a Perl Library designed to communicate with TL1 devices.
It has some specific functions for several Nortel and Cisco devices, but
should work with any TL1 device.

The package comes with some example scripts as well. We use it
extensively to and monitor (and report about) our SONET/SDH and DWDM
network.

Cheers,
  Andree