[c-nsp] IPv6 on C3550, finally? (12.2(44)SE)

Simon Lockhart simon at slimey.org
Fri Feb 1 03:00:41 EST 2008

On Fri Feb 01, 2008 at 08:56:59AM +0100, sthaug at nethelp.no wrote:
> And what's the point, anyway? As far as I know the 3550 *hardware*
> can't do IPv6 routing. As long as you're talking about *software*
> IPv6 routing, a suitable 2800 router would probably give you better
> performance...

The point is that I've got a whole load of 3550's providing customer-edge
for colo'd servers, and customers are starting to ask for IPv6. Given the
volume of IPv6 traffic I'll see in the short term, I'm happy enough with
process switched.

Simon
--
Simon Lockhart | * Sun Server Colocation * ADSL * Domain Registration *
   Director    |    * Domain & Web Hosting * Internet Consultancy *