[c-nsp] 3750ME L2/MPLS combined scenario

Tomas Daniska tomas at soitron.com
Fri Feb 1 05:43:20 EST 2008

Hi team

does anyone run 3750MEs in combined L2/MPLS setup? We are considering
various designs for a customer at the moment, they are rebuilding their
MPLS network from scratch to support both L2 and L3 MPLS services.
Having 7600/ES20 as N-PE, and 3750ME based L2 access rings, L3 services
(IPv4, IPv6, IPv4 multicast) will be terminated at the 7600. But - for
plain Ethernet pseudowire services at least - we are considering running
MPLS up to the 3750MEs and providing the PW service from those boxes.
This means running MPLS over a VLAN and terminating it on SVI, ('no
switchport' is not possible in access as we need L2 Ethernet
access/aggregation to transport other services to the 7600). The access
topologies are always rings with REP based redundancy.

I'd appreciate any real-life experience with such setup.

thanks much

--

Tomas Daniska
systems engineer

Soitron, a.s.
Plynarenska 5, 829 75 Bratislava, Slovakia
tel: +421 2 58224111, fax: +421 2 58224199

A transistor protected by a fast-acting fuse will protect the fuse by
blowing first.