[c-nsp] IPv6 on C3550, finally? (12.2(44)SE)

neal rauhauser nrauhauser at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 13:02:31 EST 2008

   Actually you might be pleasantly surprised with an IPv6 attack on a 3550
- I suspect the IPv4 traffic would just keep on truckin', less any routing
updates that might arrive during the event. I had a customer with about 14k
public IP addresses passing through a 3550. The machine was crazy stressed
and the management engine was crashing several times a day - management
would report it down for the duration of a reboot, but traffic  otherwise
kept moving. The processor seems to instruct the ASICs to forward as needed,
then it sits quietly ...