[c-nsp] Packet Loss on PPPoE Sessions with 2811 LAC/LNS

Kurt Bales kwbales at kwbales.net
Sun Feb 3 07:42:41 EST 2008

Hey all,

I have a 2811 successfully terminating PPPoE sessions for a local ethernet
segment. What I am seeing now is that once I establish a session, pings to
devices beyond the 2811 are losing every second attempt. Pings from the
client to the 2811 are fine. When not terminated in PPPoE, pings to all
hosts work normally.

Does anyone have any obvious ideas as to why this would be happening? I
don't have access to the 2811 right now to paste relevent configs, but I can
paste them as required tomorrow. The 2811 is running 12.4.15 Advanced IP
Services iirc.

Kurt Bales
kwbales at kwbales.net

"When we let freedom ring, when we let it ring from every village and every
hamlet, from every state and every city, we will be able to speed up that
day when all of God's children, black men and white men, Jews and Gentiles,
Protestants and Catholics, will be able to join hands and sing in the words
of that old Negro spiritual, "Free at last! Free at last! Thank God
almighty, we are free at last!" - Martin Luther King