[c-nsp] Cisco 7600 rate-limit support question

Paolo Lucente pl+list at pmacct.net
Mon Feb 4 05:33:46 EST 2008

Hi,

it most likely depends on the interface you are trying to rate-limiting
rather than the IOS. On FlexWANs you can use CAR; you can't on SPAs and
Sup720/RSP720 upstream interfaces.

Btw, why don't you like policing via MQC? It simply works well and it's
supported on pretty much all the current Supervisors, Carrier Ethernet
and WAN line-cards.

Cheers,
Paolo