[c-nsp] improving ADSL MLP failover

Adam Greene maillist at webjogger.net
Mon Feb 4 10:27:42 EST 2008

Hi,

Finally got Multilink PPP to work with ADSL (1841 IOS 12.4(17)). Configs
below. They're based on getting "direct pvc's" from Verizon.

When I take down either one of the ATM interfaces, the entire multilink
bundle seems to go down for about a minute.

I wonder if I can prevent this. I'm thinking maybe assigning the client-end
and/or ISP-end ATM pvc's to separate virtual-templates would do the trick.
Or maybe changing the ISP-end ATM interfaces to "no ip address" (I think
that's unrelated but maybe a good idea anyways).

I don't have access to a test environment, so any insight would be helpful
before I try it in production.

Thanks,
Adam

=======