[c-nsp] Router or Layer3 Switch

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 11:54:15 EST 2008

I think the line between router and L3 switch is just about gone now,
with everything moving to Ethernet.  The choice of devices is
dependent on what you need in terms of route capacity, port density,
and high-touch features.   I've seen wireless networks implemented
using VPLS services, which requires a device with more intelligence,
but is a somewhat slick way to segment users.  Someone mentioned the
3750-E which I would recommend as well.

Phil