[c-nsp] RSP720 and GLC-BX-D,GLC-BX-U SFP's

sf at lists.esoteric.ca sf at lists.esoteric.ca
Mon Feb 4 16:14:26 EST 2008

Hi all,

Can anyone confirm is the RSP720 is compatible with the GLC-BX-D/-U SFP?
The new 10GE RSP720 is, but I'm referring to the original gigabit version.
 I checked with our Cisco SE, and the answer was a non-answer.  The SFP
compatibility matrix's, as well as the release notes for SRA and SRB make
no mention of the GLC-BX-D/-U, and SRC only refers to it working with the
10GE model.  Obviously it's pretty certain that those SFP's are not
currently compatible, but I'd like to eliminate all doubt.

Thanks,

-- Stephen