[c-nsp] 3750 software stability

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Mon Feb 4 17:49:28 EST 2008

Hi Brandon,

On Mon, 2008-02-04 at 11:34 -0600, Brandon Ewing wrote:
> Can anyone here provide thoughts / suggestions regarding the version of
>  IOS for the 3750 platform that has the least problems, and offers the
>  most stability?  Featureset is not an issue, as layer 3 functions are
>  not required, just QoS/LACP.

If we're talking 3750G (not E) and just layer 2, we've been using
12.2(25)SEE2 for a long time (use SEE4/latest though, it contains some
serious bug fixes). We're starting to use 12.2(35)SE5 which also seem
quite stable and all. The scenario is data center top-of-the-rack access
switches.

You can browse through the software release notes and look for what you
think is the most mature release. The can be found here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps5023/prod_rel
ease_notes_list.html

(or http://tinyurl.com/2jrj26)

Regards,