[c-nsp] dead WIC-1ADSL?

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Mon Feb 4 20:58:02 EST 2008

Ben Steele wrote:
> Oh and in regards to actaully getting it show up, you need a T train
> IOS, 12.3(8)T and on..

Ok, I'm going to throw the "huh?" flag here.  It's been my understanding
for years that x.yT becomes x.(y+1) mainline, and on that date the
following things happen:

x.(y+1) inherits all of the features of x.yT at that moment
x.(y+1) moves forward with ONLY that list of features
x.yT stops receiving (most) new features at that moment
x.(y+1)T is created and begins receiving new features

As such, if a feature came out in 12.3(8)T, one could find it in 12.4
(and wouldn't HAVE to go to 12.4T just to keep the feature).  Am I wrong
(for the most part...let's not nitpick over exceptions)?

(Obviously, every now and then Cisco chooses to use (x+1).0 instead of
x.(y+1), but that's immaterial for this discussion.)

pt