[c-nsp] mpls hub & spoke.

Oliver Boehmer (oboehmer) oboehmer at cisco.com
Thu Feb 7 02:16:53 EST 2008

virendra rode // <> wrote on Wednesday, February 06, 2008 8:53 PM:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to find out whether a CE router (non-mpls) connection
> point between customer network and provider's PE router (mpls enabled)
> is configured as a hub router vs spoke?
>
> Unfortunately 12.4-10c doesn't have MPLS ping / traceroute integrated
> for me to correctly identified the path.

it wouldn't help you as the CE doesn't run MPLS.

> Traceroute doesn't give me a
> whole lot of information to identify this.

well, if the MPLS core doesn't show in traceroute, a full-mesh VPN would
show PE1 -- PE2 -- CE2, while, in a hub-VPN, you might see PE1 -- PE3 --
CE3 -- PE3 -- PE2 -- CE2 (with CE3/PE3 being the hub). So you would see
a difference here, but you (the SP customer) should know which VPN
topology you asked to implement? ;-)

	oli