[c-nsp] ARP flooding prevention

Simon Leinen simon.leinen at switch.ch
Thu Feb 7 10:03:25 EST 2008

Michel Renfer writes:
> What is the best way to avoid SUP stress conditions due to
> ARP floods on 7600 plattform? (76xx facing to an IX as an
> example)?

I think I know which IX you are talking about :-)

In our case the last flood overloaded the SP more than the RP, so I
don't know how much CoPP will help.  My suggestion would be
"storm-control broadcast level <small number>" on the interface, but I
haven't tried it yet.  As you know, these floods only happen once per
year or so, and from what I heard, the IX will get new hardware that
has feeeeatures to prevent this from happening in the future...
--
Simon.