[c-nsp] Cisco PIX Xlate SNMP OID

Peter Rathlev peter at rathlev.dk
Thu Feb 7 18:18:36 EST 2008

Hi Jason,

On 2007-12-17 at 15:10 and 2008-02-07 at 20:13 GMT, Jason Travis wrote:
> All-
>
> I am looking for the SNMP OID to monitor the number of xlate statements
> on a PIX Firewall.  The Cisco Object Navigator has turned up nothing
> and I haven't been able to find anything online. Any help would be
> great.

Still haven't found it, no. :-)

If it's any help at all, you can poll the number of connections with
"cfwConnectionStatValue.40.6". It's described in further detail here:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/pix/pix60/firewall/configuration
/guide/advanced.html#wp1020412

(http://tinyurl.com/39t5dg)

Otherwise you'd have to use an expect script or something similar.

Do write if you find a more elegant solution. :-)

Regards,
Peter