[c-nsp] BFD aware VRF

Gert Doering gert at greenie.muc.de
Sat Feb 9 16:32:22 EST 2008

Hi,

On Sat, Feb 09, 2008 at 03:43:20PM -0500, Aaron wrote:
> BFD has is place with ethernet through a switch, I don't see its value in
> anything else. You can have fast detection without BFD.

Well, the nice thing about IOS is that things are configurable.  We have
now understood that you don't want BFD for serial - so just don't switch
it on.

I, for one, am happy to have things available in a generic fashion - not
like "this sort of feature will not be available on *that* type of
interface, because Aaron Someone does not need it".

(There's enough such cruft in IOS already, like "no 64 bit counters on
'low speed' interfaces)

gert
                                                           //www.muc.de/~gert/
fax: +49-89-35655025                        gert at net.informatik.tu-muenchen.de