[c-nsp] catalyst 6500 not rewriting CoS / 802.1p bits

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 08:34:58 EST 2008

If the port is marked as untrusted, the PFC still marks the packet
with an internal DSCP value of 0 on ingress, so the "mls qos cos 5"
command in this instance won't do what you want.   You can configure
the "mls qos marking ignore port-trust" command, then the PFC will not
rewrite the port cos value you set.  Another option is to use a policy-
map to set certain traffic to trusted.  You could also set the ingress
DSCP value with a policy-map and use the dscp-to-CoS map to set the
correct egress cos.  The default map sets DSCP 40-46 to 5 (divides by
8).

There may be another way as well that I'm missing.  I don't know that
setting the port to trusted state will work, I believe for a trunk it
will ignore the mls qos cos value.

Phil