[c-nsp] [ASAP] STP port-cost

Jonathan Crawford jcrawford at servious.org
Tue Feb 12 00:09:33 EST 2008

The port-channel config should be the one used. If you do a show
spanning-tree, you should notice that your port-channels will show up, but
the member interfaces will not. Other vendors show the member interfaces as
stp disabled due to being a port channel member, cisco just does not show
the interface.

In fact if you do a "show spanning-tree interface fe0/1" it should show the
port identifier as being the same as the port identifier of the portchannel.

!
interface GigabitEthernet1/11
 spanning-tree cost 100
 channel-protocol lacp
 channel-group 12 mode active
end

interface Port-channel12
 spanning-tree cost 10000
end

rtr1#show spanning-tree interface po12

Mst Instance     Role Sts Cost      Prio.Nbr Type
MST0             Desg FWD 10000     128.1676 P2p

rtr1#show spanning-tree interface gi1/11