[c-nsp] 3GE-GBIC-SC question

Pete Templin petelists at templin.org
Wed Feb 13 10:47:00 EST 2008

Chris Lane wrote:

> Currently i have a GSR with 4 single port GE cards. I am planning on
> swapping 1 GE card with the 3GE-GBIC-SC.
>
> My question is when running  BGP and recieving full views on all ports will
> this crash the LC? Or does the 512mb handle the tx/rx memory consumption
> more efficiently than the single port LCs?

The GRP/PRP handles BGP, so only the GRP/PRP DRAM would have to deal
with the full views and that won't be changing for you.  The xRP
distills routes to a forwarding table that's loaded in each LC; this
won't change either so you'll be fine (if not better off with the better
Engine in these cards).

pt