[c-nsp] DHCP Option 82 Oddities

Jason Travis jtravis5 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:47:40 EST 2008

We just turned on DHCP Option 82 on our Cisco switches and we are seeing
some oddities in the logs.
The switch seems to relay the incorrect port number to the logs.
For instance, if a device is connected to 1/0/4, the logs will show 1/0/6.
The difference of 2 is consistent until we get to higher port numbers,
around port 24.  At that point the difference increases to 4.  So if a
device is connected to 1/0/40, the log says it's connected to 1/0/44.

Has anyone else encountered this error? Is there anything that has to be
configured on the switch to fix this?
It seems to be an error in the way the switch relays the information.

The switches are 3750s running mainly 12.2(25)SEE4 with a few running 12.2
(35)SE5.

Thanks.

-Jason Travis