[c-nsp] Cisco ME-3400 and queue drops after IOS upgrade

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Wed Feb 13 20:24:51 EST 2008

Tassos Chatzithomaoglou wrote:

> "sh platform pm if-numbers" to find asic/class (under port)
> for each interface "sh platform qos debug port-class" to see
> the thresholds for each queue "sh platform port-asic stats
> drop" to see the drops for each queue

These are good commands for anyone running ME series switches (and maybe
others) to note.

The 3750 Metro and from memory also the 3400 Metro don't show hardware
drops at the ASIC level on any of the usual show interface/show mls qos
commands. The only way to display this information as far as I'm aware
is with the 'show platform port-asic stats asic x' command (ME3750 has
two relevant ASICs, 0 (standard ports) and 1 (ES ports)).

'show platform pm' can also be used to map the port IDs shown in the
port-asic stats output to actual interface IDs.

Regards,
Brad