[c-nsp] SNMP traffic monitoring / alerting

Patrick Muldoon doon.bulk at inoc.net
Thu Feb 14 12:06:50 EST 2008

On Feb 14, 2008, at 5:13 AM, Aaron R wrote:

> You are absolutely correct. I am already graphing / totaling the
> amount of
> traffic out the interface I just need a way to be alerted when it
> exceeds a
> particular threshold and we have to pay our ISP big bucks for going
> over our
> limit. Saves me from checking graphs each day!

What are you using to graph your traffic?

Nagios has check_mrtg, check_mrtgtraf (and there are ones for RRDs as
well).   That could either be used with nagios to issue an alert at a
certain threshold or perhaps used standalone to  notify you.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer

If you unplug it fast enough, anything is hot swappable!