[c-nsp] Is there anyway to adjust the administrative distance for 'connected'?

Drew Weaver drew.weaver at thenap.com
Thu Feb 14 20:27:49 EST 2008

This may sound like an odd question, but I was just curious if there is any way to adjust the administrative distance for 'connected'?

I'm trying to make it impossible for hosts whom are 'blackholed' to even send traffic to their 'default gateway' or hosts whom are connected to the same 'distribution' switch that the blackholed host are connected to. The Blackhole routes have an administrative distance of 1 currently and as we all know normally 'connected networks' have an AD of 0.

Does anyone know of a way to do this? The Blackhole works fine at the edge of the network where the routes are distributed via OSPF but I wanted to also prevent traffic from traversing the distribution switches to the edge just to be blackholed (seems like a waste of resources).

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
-Drew