[c-nsp] Cisco7609 as P layer

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Fri Feb 15 14:59:58 EST 2008

On Wednesday 13 February 2008, Kim Onnel wrote:

> Plus it would be unfair to compare price and performance
> of 7600 to an M320 and Juniper would never put an M7i or
> M10 as P, so its all about Positioning not just 'pure
> technical' judgement.

This depends on the size and complexity of the network.

I'm sure many a (small) network would consider an M7i, M10i
(or for that matter, 7206-VXR) as a good-enough core
router, given their needs.

While it would be difficult to equally compare a 7600 to an
M320, this problem would (mostly) apply to ISP's that need
that kind of horsepower (and complexity), in the first
place.

Mark.