[c-nsp] 10G vs. EtherChannel over WDM MUX on 7600

Zahid Hassan zhassan at gmx.net
Sat Feb 16 11:05:55 EST 2008

Dear All,

I am trying to increase bandwidth between my 7600s running as
PE/P routers with 1G line cards terminating dark fibre links.

I am exploring the following two options:

Option I
---------
- replace the 1G lines cards with 10G on the 7600s
- terminate the dark fibre links on the 10G line cards

Option II
- terminate the dark fibre links on passive CWDM MUX
- EtherChannel multiple 1G interfaces over CWDM MUX

My main concern is about the efficiency of different load-balancing
algorithm offered in the EtherChannel technology in terms of maximum
achievable bandwidth.

Also, is there any issues of running Etherchannel over passive CWDM MUX ?

I will be really grateful for any comments or inputs on this.

Regards,

Zahid