[c-nsp] BGP config question

David Coulson david at davidcoulson.net
Mon Feb 18 08:16:53 EST 2008

Wayne Lee wrote:
> We are currently getting our transit via BGP from 2 seperate
> providers, we have our own AS and now we have a customer who wants us
> to provide them with BGP transit. The customer also has their own AS.
> I have searched the net for example configs but so far all I have
> found is examples from the customers point of view rather than the
> providers (I guess I should already know the answer).

There is really no difference - You've already filtered their inbound
routes to avoid being flooded with prefixes, so that's about it. You'll
also have to work with your own upstreams to ensure they don't filter
your customer's routers from your own BGP sessions.
>  network 217.xxx.xxx.0 mask 255.255.240.0  (customers IP space, is
> this line required ?)
You don't need this - You should also ensure that you do not have any
static/OSPF/EIGRP routes on your equipment for their subnets.