[c-nsp] AS5300 RAM

Mark Tinka mtinka at globaltransit.net
Mon Feb 18 23:32:17 EST 2008

On Tuesday 19 February 2008, Justin Shore wrote:

> Excellent.  I'll schedule another window to make that
> change.  It's a shame that the 5300 wasn't easier to take
> apart.  Figure #5 is the same image I saw before but it
> was used on a different page.  I bet that's the problem
> though.

Right; Cisco need to update the memory upgrade documentation
for this platform.

The instructions at:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/univgate/ps501/products_installation_guide_chapter09186a008007c707.html#wp2555

don't mention that you need to re-position the jumper if you
want the system to detect 128MB.

However, the instructions at:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/univgate/ps501/prod_configuration_guide09186a008007cad2.html#4654

do tell you the jumper needs to be re-positioned.

Would be nice if someone at Cisco fixed this inconsistency.

Cheers,

Mark.