[c-nsp] EtherChannel support on Onboard Gigabit Ethernet ports of 3800 series?

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Wed Feb 20 18:39:54 EST 2008

Luan Nguyen wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has anyone successfully used port-channel on a 3800 series router before?  I
> could configure it, and it seems to be okay.  I haven't try to see if it
> actually load-share traffics, but a simple ping test /shutdown one interface
> works fine.
> But according to Cisco, this is not supported?

Yeah, the docs will need to be updated, and it's taken care of. From
12.4(18) (or more technically - from 12.4(17.4)), the built in
interfaces, as well as NM-1GE, HWIC-1GE, HWIC-1FE and HWIC-2FE will
support EtherChannel correctly. Previously, it could be configured,
but usually didn't work.

--
"Don't expect me to cry for all the     |               Łukasz Bromirski
  reasons you had to die" -- Kurt Cobain |    http://lukasz.bromirski.net