[c-nsp] ES20, VPLS & netflow problem

Dmitry Valdov dv at dv.ru
Thu Feb 21 09:39:04 EST 2008

Hello,

We have configuration with 2 ciscos 76xx/SUP720 connected together via
10Gb ports on ES20 (Ethernet Services) cards.
MPLS is there. Now we need to make VPLS vlan between them (for BGP full
table). We are exporting netflow information version 5 to the collector.
When traffic goes directly via 10G ports (routed) everything is OK, but
if we reroute traffic via VPLS VLAN, there is no netflow information
exported about traffic entering the router via this vlan. Netflow
information about every other traffic  (including traffic which enters
throught normal SVI interfaces) is appears as usualy.

IOS 12.2(33)SRB2

Is this bug or feature? Here is part of my configuration:

[..]
ip flow ingress layer2-switched vlan 30
[..]
mls flow ip interface-full
no mls flow ipv6
mls nde sender version 5
mls qos
[..]
!
vlan 30
  name BGP
!
[..]
l2 vfi bgp manual
  vpn id 30
  neighbor xx.xx.xx.xx encapsulation mpls

[..]

interface Vlan30
  description BGP vlan
  ip address yy.yy.yy.yy 255.255.255.248
  no ip proxy-arp
  ip flow ingress
  load-interval 30
  xconnect vfi bgp

[..]

ip flow-export source Loopback0
ip flow-export version 5
ip flow-export destination zz.zz.zz.zz 9991

--
Dmitry Valdov
CCIE #15379 (R&S and SP)