[c-nsp] Loopback Advertise in OSPF

Rupert Finnigan rupert.finnigan at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 26 15:56:13 EST 2008

Hi,

This maybe be a bit of an stupid question, but I'm a bit stumped as to
an answer.

I'm running Multiarea OSPF on my nework, with Loopbacks configured on
each router. However, I currently don't advertise these loopbacks via
OSPF, and so connect to each router by one of their interface IP. Not
the best idea, me thinks...

I wander if anyone can help my work out how's best to advertise these
host ip's into OSPF? Is this advisable? What group should they be
associated too? Are there any best practises to adhere to?

Sorry if I'm being particularly dumb, and many thanks in advance for
your pearls of wisdom!

Rupes